Block Captain Sign-up
El Granada Emergency Preparedness
Wednesday August 2, 6:30 PM
El Granada Fire Station
Join us to discuss how to protect your home from wildfires by creating defensible space.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
April Larsen – El Granada Neighborhood Lead
Questions? Contact us.
EG CERT Emergency Response Template for Zone Leads
First Draft — Updated August 28, 2022
To post your comments and suggestions, please scroll down to Comment, below.
Preparation Prior to Emergency
- CERT backpack, complete with all equipment, is ready to go. (If you don’t have a CERT backpack, set up your own backpack with necessary equipment.)
- FRS radio or radios are charged, ready to go.
- The following information is printed on paper and stored in your backpack:
- Cell phone numbers of your EG CERT teammates: Block Captains and other teammates within your zone, and members of the EG CERT leadership team.
- FRS radio channel # for your zone in the event of an emergency.
- Information that you’ve collected about residents in your zone.
- Maps of your zone, to be used for search purposes.
When an Emergency Occurs and CERT is Activated
- If possible check in by cell phone or text with the Neighborhood CERT Lead (April Larsen), and Block Captains and CERT teammates within your zone.
- Determine whether this is a shelter-in-place emergency, or an evacuation emergency.
- Take care of your home and family first, according to your plan.
- Coordinate with teammates on getting your Zone Gathering Point set up. Make sure to bring your backpack and any other necessary personal supplies and equipment.
- Check-in on FRS on channel #4 with EG CERT Net Control. Check on any immediate needs for supplies and assistance. Determine what information is needed, and how it will be gathered and reported.
- Set up your tent if you have one, triage center, and supplies as needed.
- Prepare to assist people who show up. For urgent medical needs, report to EG CERT Net Control.
- Work with CERT teammates and neighbors in your Zone — as practiced in our emergency drills — for them to walk the streets of the Zone, and report damage and needs for assistance via FRS to the Zone Gathering Point.
- Zone Gathering Point forwards these reports and requests for assistance to EG CERT Net Control.
- Document all damage, medical needs, and requests for assistance.
June 26, 2022 EG CERT Cafe
We invite you to join us for this month’s EG CERT Cafe — on Zoom, in our usual open conversation format, on Sunday June 26, at 4:00 – 5:30 PM. We’ll be discussing safety concerns that are on people’s minds as we enter summer, as well as upcoming meetings and activities of the EG CERT team.
Please sign-up below, and we’ll email you the Zoom link.
May 22, 2022 EG CERT Cafe
An informal neighborhood discussion of current safety issues in El Granada.
Recording Part 1
Recording Part 2
Please post any comments, suggestions, and links to resources below.
April 24, 2022 EG CERT Cafe